Our 4×4 with Vehicle Mounted MEWP Courses
Specialist 4×4 Training
Contour Training Ltd are specialists in off road driver training, delivering Lantra Awards and NPORS nationally accredited 4×4 driving courses. We have a network of approved 4×4 off road driving sites in Scotland and throughout the UK.
We have developed a specialised course tailored to 4×4 off road driving with vehicle mounted MEWP set-up, which is aimed at any industry sector that uses 4×4 MEWPs. This two day course covers both 4×4 off road driving and the set up of the vehicle mounted MEWP in an off-road environment and has been fully accredited by NPORS.
The main objective behind this course is stability. The stability of the 4×4, taking into account the high centre of gravity of the MEWP and also the stability of the MEWP being set up on potentially poor ground conditions.
Our industry experience includes working with both public and private sector, construction and utility sectors, government organisations, local authorities, MOD and conservation groups. We have some of the most experienced Lantra Awards and NPORS trainers in the UK, many of whom are also highly experienced with all types of all-terrain vehicles.
Vehicle mounted work platforms are increasingly used to provide access to work sites that may be impossible to reach by other means. The variety of vehicles that can be fitted with MEWPs is extensive and if they are used for business, employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that any operators have received training in both the operation of the MEWP and of the vehicle itself.
Our 4×4 driving courses are accredited by nationally recognised awarding bodies Lantra Awards and NPORS and are designed specifically to assist employers in complying with their health & safety requirements.
In addition, Contour Training can also provide for all vehicle mounted MEWP operators. See our IPAF pages for more details. Click Here
Course Content for this course will be the same as the ‘4×4 Off-Road Course‘, but taking into consideration the high centre of gravity of the machine.
Duration: 2 days
Maximum delegates: 3
Awarding bodies: LANTRA, NPORS, IPAF
- Comply with legal requirements and safe practice
- Identify risks associated with off road vehicle use
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls, systems and components of your vehicle
- Perform pre-start checks
- Identify and report faults
- Prepare your vehicle for use off road
- Assess the suitability of both ground and route
- Make structured decisions about if, and how, to tackle obstacles
- Perform a failed hill climb
- Drive over a variety of terrain
- Perform an on-site risk assessment
- Identify loading and towing capacities
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on a public road
- Identify the dangers of vehicle recovery/self-recovery
- Demonstrate expert decision-making about obstacles, your vehicle’s capabilities, and your own driving skills.