Our Excavator Training Courses
Specialist 180 / 360 Excavator Training
Contour Training provide 180 and 360 excavator training courses accredited by Lantra Awards and NPORS for anyone who uses or will be using tracked or wheeled excavators (JCB, Caterpillar, John Deere, mini diggers) in the land-based or construction industries.
Our industry experience includes working with both public and private sector, construction and utility sectors, government organisations, local authorities, MOD and conservation groups. We have some of the most experienced Lantra Awards and NPORS trainers in the UK, many of whom are also highly experienced with all types of all-terrain vehicles.
Excavators are used for a huge variety of different jobs and their size, weight and power make it imperative that these machines are operated by accredited personnel who have successfully completed an appropriate 180 or 360 excavator training course.
There are several different categories of excavator training dependent on the size and type of machine to be used.
- 360 excavator above and below 10T
- 360 excavator below 10T
- 180 excavator above and below 5T
- 180 excavator below 5T
Contour Training’s 180/ 360 Excavator training courses are accredited by Lantra Awards and NPORS.
Excavator Training Course Content
Duration: 1 – 10 days
Maximum delegates: 4 maximum
Awarding bodies: Lantra Awards, NPORS
For example, a novice course for 4 delegates would be 10 days duration, whereas an experienced workers assessment for operators who have years of experience and previous accreditation can be done in 1 day.
On successful completion of an excavator training course candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges on the excavator
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER. LOLER)
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks
- Set the excavator for site and road travel
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines
- Manoeuvre the excavator in confined areas using forward and reverse direction
- Set the machine to excavate
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles / hoppers
- Grade, spread and level differing types of materials (excavators over 5 ton – using a multi-purpose front bucket)
- Remove and re-attach buckets
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter